Parameter required/optional question

(5 posts) (3 voices)

Tags:

1. -nth-, Member

When I have the parameters set as required in the "Edit Report" screen (Optional checkbox unchecked), the user must accept them to run the report. That makes sense.
    But if I set the parameters to optional (Optional checkbox checked), the report runs without using the default values I've set and ends up empty. I also don't see the gear icon that allows the user to modify the parameters when they're set as optional.

My goal is to have the report auto run when the user selects it (using the default parameter values), but then allow the user to change the parameter values if they wish.

Thanks,

-nth-

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    Current version does not show the gear icon if all parameters are optional. This has been fixed in the upcoming version (which should be out soon).

For now the easiest fix is to set parameters to be visible by using the 'dbr.parameters.show' -command.

--
    myDBR Team

3. apao, Member

Up.

I'm trying to set a parameter as optional (as the creator of this thread did), but I can't find the "Optional checkbox" he mentions on the "Edit report" screen.
    Could someone tell me if this feature still exists and, if so, where it is located?
    Thanks!

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Click the menu in parameters 'Other' column where you can find the misc options for the parameter.

--
    myDBR Team

5. apao, Member

Ok, thanks!

You must log in to post.