Support for multiple instances for H/A behind a Load Balancer?

(6 posts) (2 voices)
  1. tferrell, Member

I would like to use myDBR in a cloud environment. Is it possible to have multiple active instances running behind a load balancer for high availability purposes?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Yes, you can do that by configuring the sessions to be stored centrally (Redis/Memcached).

--
    myDBR Team

3. tferrell, Member

Alright, excellent. I didn't find any particular instructions in your myDBR documentation regarding this; however, I think it would be managed at the PHP configuration level (i.e., configured in the PHP.ini file), where one can set the session handler to use Redis instead of the default file system. Are there any other file-system-level shared states that I need to be aware of, which would necessitate using a service like Azure Files for centralizing and storing that shared state, allowing multiple instances to access it through a File Mount (e.g., SMB/NFS)?

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Yes, you can configure the PHP session handling in php.ini.

myDBR has configuration files (for database config and customization), but those are static. All other things, including the reports itself, are stored in the database.

--
    myDBR Team

5. tferrell, Member

Okay, it sounds like I could just copy those config files over to the secondary instances then (since you mentioned they are static)?

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

Yes, excactly.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.