Trying to link from summary chart to detail report

(3 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. EricW, Member

Hi

I'm trying to link from a chart to a detail report, and I'm obviously doing something wrong..

This code generates a report and I can click on any line and that links to a detail report:

select 'dbr.hidecolumns', 'Contact';
    select 'dbr.report', 'sp_DBR_AT_Loggedby', '[Logged By]', 'LoggedBy=Contact', 'BillStr=(BillStr)', 'BillEnd=(BillEnd)', 'DisplayName=Logged By', 'Company=(CustID)';

select top 10 ContactName as 'Logged By', count(Ticket) as 'Ticket Count', Contact
    From #TMPworking_tickets
    group by ContactName, Contact
    order by count(Ticket) desc;

Which is perfect, except I'd like to display that initial summary as a bar graph, so..

select 'dbr.hidecolumns', 'Contact';
    select 'dbr.chart', 'Bar3d', 'Top 10 Ticket Creators';
    select 'dbr.report', 'sp_DBR_AT_Loggedby', '[Logged By]', 'LoggedBy=Contact', 'BillStr=(BillStr)', 'BillEnd=(BillEnd)', 'DisplayName=Logged By', 'Company=(CustID)';

select top 10 ContactName as 'Logged By', count(Ticket) as 'Ticket Count', Contact
    From #TMPworking_tickets

Which generates a bar graph with exactly the same information, but it's no longer clickable to drilldown.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Eric

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Eric,
    You can simplify the report a bit. You do not need the dbr.hidecolumns as the chart does not have columns, and you do not need to specify the linked target as myDBR knows that when you use a linked report against a chart.

So:

select 'dbr.report', 'sp_DBR_AT_Loggedby', 'LoggedBy=Contact', 'BillStr=(BillStr)', 'BillEnd=(BillEnd)', 'DisplayName=Logged By', 'Company=(CustID)';
    select 'dbr.chart', 'Bar3d', 'Top 10 Ticket Creators'; select top 10 ContactName as 'Logged By', count(Ticket) as 'Ticket Count', Contact
    From #TMPworking_tickets

--
    myDBR Team

3. EricW, Member

woohoo!

That's it working now, so if I want a linked chart, I should not declare the target column.

Cool.

Thanks much

Eric

You must log in to post.