Autocomplete in editor not working

(13 posts) (3 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Rbert, Member

Hello,

I'm trying to use the autocomplete feature in the editor, but I get an error in the console:

caught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'keywords')
    at u (editor.js?v=4832:1:231500)
    at editor.js?v=4832:1:233406
    at editor.js?v=4832:1:233426
    at s (editor.js?v=4832:1:226284)
    at t.update (editor.js?v=4832:1:227461)
    at Na.showHint (editor.js?v=4832:1:221669)
    at e.showHint (editor.js?v=4832:1:221006)
    at $.ready.CodeMirror.commands.autocomplete (procEditor.js?v=4832:1:15595)
    at la (editor.js?v=4832:1:128358)
    at editor.js?v=4832:1:129277

and the autocomplete dropdown does not appear. I'm using Brave browser. It would be fantastic if this would be addressed, as the autocomplete feature really speeds up my workflow.

Thank you!

2. maron, Member

Following up on my colleague here, has anyone made autocomplete work in MacOS - I have changed the system shortcut for cmd+spacebar but still no luck.

Maron

3. myDBR Team, Key Master

The autocomplete for SQL commands now works again. Fixed in the latest build.

The shortcut for SQL commands hints/autocomplete is Ctrl-Space. The Cmd+spacebar is by default assigned to Spotlight search in macOS (hence the Ctrl-Space also in Mac).

--
    myDBR Team

4. maron, Member

I have no luck with Ctrl+Space - I have tried also reallocating the spotlight search to use cmd-space.

Neither works.... MacOS Ventura - Chrome browser

5. myDBR Team, Key Master

What is the version and build you are using? Check that you are running at least build 4836 which fixes the autocomplete with column names.

The Ctrl+Space works in Ventura - Chrome combo if no OS wide shortcut is not taking precedence.

The autocomplete completes the SQL keywords, tables/columns (for selected databases in preferences) and myDBR commands (this brings out the autocomplete while you write).

--
    myDBR Team

6. Rbert, Member

Hello,

For me, on Brave browser in Pop OS, autocomplete works now for table names. However, it does not work for columns. In the console, I get the error message

caught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'text')
    at d (editor.js?v=4835:1:231522)
    at m (editor.js?v=4835:1:231746)
    at g (editor.js?v=4835:1:231941)
    at editor.js?v=4835:1:234169
    at editor.js?v=4835:1:234287
    at s (editor.js?v=4835:1:226227)
    at t.update (editor.js?v=4835:1:227404)
    at Na.showHint (editor.js?v=4835:1:221612)
    at e.showHint (editor.js?v=4835:1:220949)
    at $.ready.CodeMirror.commands.autocomplete (procEditor.js?v=4835:1:15595)

Thank you.

7. myDBR Team, Key Master

This was fixed in the build 4836.

--
    myDBR Team

8. maron, Member

After much searching, keylogging, testing and tweaking shortcuts I managed to get this working in Safari, but not in Chrome.

Is there anyway to customize the autocomplete keybinding?

9. myDBR Team, Key Master

There really is no difference between Safari and Chrome. Chrome works as expected in our testing.

Does your Chrome has an extension that takes precedence over the Ctrl-Space?

Currently the key combos are fixed. We can take a look if we can make them customizable.
    --
    myDBR Team

10. maron, Member

I have tried in incognito with all extensions disabled and have the same problem there.

11. myDBR Team, Key Master

So what is hijacking your Ctrl-Space key combination? What happens when you use it? You said you were able to use it in Safari. Which browsers do not work for you?

To try it in a clean environment:

• Enable Guest login in your Mac
    • Login as guest
    • Make sure you have included the mydbr-database in your autocomplete settings (wheel settings in SQL Editor)
    • Use following code

select r.
    from mydbr_reports r

• Place the cursor after the "r."
    • Use Ctrl-space

You should see an autocomplete like this:

--
    myDBR Team

12. maron, Member

Thanks for the patience on this, but finally figured it out. I had missed this previously but in recent versions of MacOS then Ctrl+Space is the default for Select the previous input source. With only 1 input source the os hijacks this combination but does nothing and I was blind for this when searching through the keyboard shortcuts.

Found this here: https://github.com/spring-projects/sts4/issues/517

Note that you must restart chrome after this change for it to work.

13. myDBR Team, Key Master

Keuboard shortcuts are handy, but sometimes it feels there are almost too many of those.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.