Fetching hidden params in param query?

(3 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. duane, Member

Hi.

I have a report with a series of parameters and corresponding parameter queries. Some of the parameters are visible and some are hidden, but the value passed on the link they click on to the report.

I'm trying to use some of the hidden param values in the parameter queries, but they don't seem to be recognised. Is there another way to do this?

Simplified example:

sp_DBR_report(inMyParamVisible varchar(255), inMyParamHidden varchar(255)) .... (where inMyParamHidden is hidden from the report users as the name suggests yet is passed in the URL as u2=1234)

sp_PDBR_pquery(inMyParamHidden varchar(255)) ... SELECT inMyParamHidden;

Result: Null

Seems to not show anything when the inMyParamHidden is hidden vs when it is visible to the user.

Any suggestions?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Can you elaborate what is it that you aretrying to do? You want to use a report parameter in the same report's parameter query?

--
    myDBR Team

3. duane, Member

I think I have found a solution as I realised I had faced the same issues before: I added a 'hidden' class to the fields I wanted to use rather than using the 'Do not show to the user' option. This allowed the value to be passed in the page/session via the URL but not shown. There is nothing confidential in the values, and if they are changed the report simply won't work. So I've just used that approach!

Thanks for your speed response as always.

You must log in to post.