Upgrade to mysql 8 - fatal error at end of reports

(6 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. maron, Member

I am in the process of upgrading our cluster in Aurora AWS to mysql 8.

Currently running in blue / green environment and testing our read only reports against the green environment Read only instance.

At the end of each report I get the following error on one of my setups:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: mysqli object is already closed in /usr/share/nginx/html/pos/lib/db_utils.php:1356 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/nginx/html/pos/lib/db_utils.php(1356): mysqli_close() #1 /usr/share/nginx/html/pos/lib/db_connection.class.php(104): DB_CloseConnection() #2 /usr/share/nginx/html/pos/apps/showReport.php(9648): DB_Connections->close_all() #3 /usr/share/nginx/html/pos/apps/showReport.php(9): sg_load() #4 /usr/share/nginx/html/pos/report.php(540): require_once('...') #5 /usr/share/nginx/html/pos/report.php(9): sg_load() #6 {main} thrown in /usr/share/nginx/html/pos/lib/db_utils.php on line 1356

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

The latest build should fix the issue.

We still do have trouble of replicating this one. What exactly is the setup you have?
    --
    myDBR Team

3. maron, Member

I can confirm the fix works

Definitely my setup is non-standard at the moment, where I'm between mysql 5.7 and mysql 8.0 and currently testing mysql 8 in read only.

In short replication is flowing from mysql 5.7 to 8 while I am testing

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonRDS/latest/UserGuide/blue-green-deployments.html

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

It should not matter to myDBR. We’d like to understand the myDBR setup where this happens.

Do you use myDBR replica functionality or myDBR setup that is directly connected to the replica?

myDBR Team

5. maron, Member

I'm using the replica functionality to test mysql 8 in the green environment read only

So the setup is

mydbr configured to connect to mysql 5.7 writer

Using mydbr replica functionality to connect some reports to mysql 8 reader in green environment

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

We were able to reproduce the issue. It was related to report statistics being written on master. The statistics are now working as expected.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.