Is it possible to schedule the report run and export the report to the server, says every hour?

(10 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. jasmondluk, Member

Is it possible to schedule the report run and export the report to the server, says every hour?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Use your server's scheduler (cron / Task Scheduler) to run the export report and direct the result to desired location.

--
    myDBR Team

3. jasmondluk, Member

How can I direct the result to the desired location? says my server file path is http://www.abc.com/report

Thanks

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

You call the report from the server using curl / wget:

curl http://www.abc.com/report/report.php....&export=csv -o /path/to/file.csv

Schedule the call with cron / Task Scheduler.

--
    myDBR Team

5. jasmondluk, Member

What is inside the report.php? And where to specify the report store procedure? And my report is to download the ics file instead of csv, how can this be accomplished?

Thanks.

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

Insert the URL to the report that generates your ICS file as a parameter in the curl command.

You can use HTTP basic authentication if your report requires a login. See sample curl call in the documentation.

--
    myDBR Team

7. jasmondluk, Member

Please shed more light to help me how to do so. Thanks.

Says:
    Report stored procedure: sp_DBR_class_schedule_to_ics
    filepath for the store procedure: /storeprocedure
    desire filepath for the downloaded ics file: /report
    desire filename for the ics file: sample.ics

Can you advise how I can schedule the report? Thanks.

8. myDBR Team, Key Master

You have the report in myDBR that produces the ICS file. The report has a URL associated with it.

To execute the report on the server and direct the output to a file on the server, you need to run the report's URL on the server itself. You can use curl or wget for this purpose.

To schedule the report to run on the server every hour, you can utilize your server's scheduling mechanism. On Unix/Linux servers, cron is commonly used, while on Windows servers, you can use the Task Scheduler.

What specific part of this process is unclear for you?

--
    myDBR Team

9. jasmondluk, Member

how can I get the report URL?

10. myDBR Team, Key Master

Run the report in the browser and copy the URL from the address bar.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.