Help with custom Main Screens

(6 posts) (2 voices)
  1. ajdjackson, Member

Hi

I've been trying to offer a different main page for users and I'm sort of stuck.

Looking at your documentation I've tried the following:

I created an sp in the mydbr schema

CREATE PROCEDURE sp_mydbr_mainview_proc_get @inLogin varchar(30), @inAuth int as BEGIN

if (@inLogin = 'myusername') begin select 272; end else begin select 240; end

END

I then used server side files and added the following to defaults:

$mydbr_defaults['mainview']['alternate_mainview_dispatcher_proc'], sp_mydbr_mainview_proc_get;

$mydbr_defaults['mainview']['use_alternate'] = true;

$mydbr_defaults['mainview']['cache_alternate'] = false;

After those changes I received a HTTP ERROR 500 error - site doesn't load.

I then commented out $mydbr_defaults['mainview']['alternate_mainview_dispatcher_proc'], sp_mydbr_mainview_proc_get; in the user/defaults.php file and the site loaded but it did not give me the alternate home page.

Am I missing a step or something?

Thanks

Jake

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Instead of:

$mydbr_defaults['mainview']['alternate_mainview_dispatcher_proc'], sp_mydbr_mainview_proc_get;

you should set:

$mydbr_defaults['mainview']['alternate_mainview_dispatcher_proc'] = "sp_mydbr_mainview_proc_get";

(or just leave it out as 'sp_mydbr_mainview_proc_get' is the default).

Note that the alternate homepage is loaded for the non-admin users. Admin can continue to access all myDBR features.

--
    myDBR Team

3. ajdjackson, Member

Hi

Thanks for the hint.

I was testing as myself so as admin I was bypassed the custom page.

Unfortunately this functionality wasn't quite what I expected.

What I wish to do is to give users alternate home pages but with their usual report categories below.

In essence what I wish to do is have conditional entries in the main_top.html file.

Cheers

Jake

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

if you want to embed a report to main view's dashboard, see the "Customize the Top header/dashboard " section from the Customization section from the documentation. The alternate_mainview_dispatcher_proc redirects user to a full report.

--
    myDBR Team

5. ajdjackson, Member

Hi

Yes I already do that but I’d like to have a different home page for certain users/groups.

I suppose I could do that via if else statements within the main_top embedded report although it could become quickly unmanageable that way.

Thanks

Jake

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

You can apply exactly the same logic: check the username, user group, or any other condition you prefer, and then display the corresponding report to the user.

if (@inLogin = 'myusername') begin exec sp_DBR_report_1() end else begin exec sp_DBR_report_2() end

myDBR Team

You must log in to post.