Configure myDBR to email a report to the user scheduled at a specific time.

(8 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. stn_account, Member

I have a several questions.

The goal is to set it up so that the user can view a report and then request that the report be emailed as often as they specify by schedule.

Please share your thoughts and suggestions.

My flow:

1. I created report for test reason.
    2. I defined user which is used to run the reports in the "Environment settings" / "Scheduled tasks" and I don't fill out the field: Allowed IP addresses / CIDR (becuse I do not know what is IP address it should be and wich machine(user or server))
    2. I created a new task in "Admin Tools" / "Scheduled tasks". I added url on previously created report and configure to run it every 5 minutes 5 * * * *

I checked it after 10 minutes, but the "Last run" field was empty. It looks like this task did not run.

What do you think is the main reason?

Also I need to set up a report to send a report on a schedule for some user. How can this be done?
    Please help me.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Did you add the cron job to your server to run the scheduler.php-script? The way scheduled reports work is that a cron job invokes myDBR scheduled jobs. myDBR then determines which reports need to be run at that point-

Additionally, you need to add the allowed IP addresses, so myDBR knows which machine is allowed to run the scheduler. If you add the cron-job to the same server running the myDBR the IP can be 127.0.0.1.

If you want to have custom schedule for each user, create the logic into your report.

--
    myDBR Team

3. stn_account, Member

Hi, Key Master

I just created a new task and in this task I configured cron: 5 * * * *
    Perhaps I missed something. What do you mean by cron job. How can I add it to my server and configure it.

Please add more details for me.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Depending on your server software (Linux/Unix like, Windows), your server has a job scheduler that allows the OS to run tasks at desider times. In Linux/Unix servers you can use cron. In Windows you can use Task Scheduler.

myDBR gives you sample cron entry. See the Cron sample-link in Scheduled tasks.

--
    myDBR Team

5. stn_account, Member

Hi, Key Master

MyDBR is installed on Windows.
    How do I set up a task scheduler that will allow the OS to run tasks at the right time?

Please help me.

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

Do following:

1. Install wget to your server
    2. Learn how to use Task Scheduler
    3. Configure the call to scheduler.php as shown in the sample

--
    myDBR Team

7. stn_account, Member

Hi.

Thanks.

Please add more details about: configure the call to scheduler.php as shown in the sample.

8. myDBR Team, Key Master

Please add more details about: configure the call to scheduler.php as shown in the sample.

Go to Admin Tools -> Scheduled tasks. Click on "Cron sample".

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.