Set up Mail on myDBR to work with our Gmail account.

(16 posts) (3 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. stn_account, Member

We have an email address (for example: ouraccount.gmail.com) registered with gmail.com.

I want to configure it in Environment Settings -> Mail.

If it is possible to set up and work with gmail.com (like ouraccount.gmail.com),
    because I know that gmail.com has restrictions on using third party applications (in our case: myDBR)
    and automatic login using third-party applications.

If possible, please share an example configuration.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Yes,
    myDBR mail works with gmail.com with Google XOAUTH2.

What you need to do is to configure Google XAUTH2 to get your Google Client ID and Client Secret. You can then get your RefreshToken using myDBR settings UI.

For SMTP host use smtp.gmail.com with TLS and port 587.

--
    myDBR Team

3. vannc, Member

Dear Team!

I cannot send emails, do I need to refresh the token to send? And when I refresh the token, an error occurs, please help me!

Warning: require(vendor/autoload.php): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\mydbr\lib\external\vendor\phpmailer\phpmailer\get_oauth_token.php on line 78
    Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Failed opening required 'vendor/autoload.php' (include_path='C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\mydbr\lib\external\vendor\phpmailer\phpmailer\get_oauth_token.php:78 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\mydbr\lib\external\vendor\phpmailer\phpmailer\get_oauth_token.php on line 78

Thanks team!

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Run the automatic updater to make sure you are running the latest version.

myDBR Team

5. vannc, Member

Dear Team!

Can I run automatic updates in the admin interface? If so, could you please show me where?
    Thanks Team!

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

ADMIN TOOLSAbout / UpdateUpdate now...Start

--
    myDBR Team

7. vannc, Member

Dear Team!

I have encountered an issue and would appreciate your assistance in resolving it.
    Could you please help me with fixing the following problem?

"Please make sure that C:\xampp\htdocs\mydbr is writable to your web server.
    Once you have granted write permissions to your web server try again and click refresh.
    The following files and directories are currently not readable/writable to your web server
    C:\xampp\htdocs\mydbr\ChartDirector/lib/chartdir.dll
    C:\xampp\htdocs\mydbr\ChartDirector/lib/phpchartdir820.dll"

8. vannc, Member

Dear Team!

Version
    I already have the latest version of myDBR 6.8

9. myDBR Team, Key Master

I already have the latest version of myDBR 6.8

myDBR major releases (like myDBR 6.8) are released few times a year. In addition to major releases, we do release minor ones, with either minor version like 6.8.1 , or just newer builds.

The latest myDBR as of this writing is myDBR 6.8.1 (build 5061). You can always run the automatic updater to get the latest version.

You can see the exact version and build you are using from the ADMIN TOOLSAbout / Update dialog.

"Please make sure that C:\xampp\htdocs\mydbr is writable to your web server.
    Once you have granted write permissions to your web server try again and click refresh.
    The following files and directories are currently not readable/writable to your web server
    C:\xampp\htdocs\mydbr\ChartDirector/lib/chartdir.dll
    C:\xampp\htdocs\mydbr\ChartDirector/lib/phpchartdir820.dll"

The chartdir.dll and phpchartdir820.dll are part of the ChartDirector PHP extension and you should place them into the PHP extension directory, not in myDBR application directory. Update your php.ini accordingly. You can see your PHP extension directory location from phpinfo().

--
    myDBR Team

10. vannc, Member

Dear Team,

When I clicked on the refresh token, an error occurred showing "Error 400: redirect_uri_mismatch." Could you please clarify if this error is related to the redirect URI or something else? Additionally, could you explain what exactly the redirect URI is?

Thank you.

11. vannc, Member

Dear Team!

This is my sample redirect URI
    https://example.com/mydbr/lib/sso/google/

But It's not working, and now I can't log in using my user account.

12. myDBR Team, Key Master

A redirect_url determines where a user is sent after finishing the authorization process. It needs to exactly match one of the approved redirect URIs set up for the OAuth 2.0 client in the Google's API Console Credentials. If it doesn't match, you'll encounter a redirect_uri_mismatch error.

In myDBR you set it as: https://example.com/mydbr/lib/sso/google/index.php

Note that in your previous posts you talked about setting gmail as SMTP server, now you are talking about login using Google account.

If you have a misconfigured SSO, you can login using local login. See Local myDBR login when SSO is enabled.
    --
    myDBR Team

13. vannc, Member

Dear Team!

- Perhaps I am misunderstanding SMTP and SSO. I simply believe I need to set up SSO to use SMTP, because when I click on 'report,' it returns this error
    Uncaught League\OAuth2\Client\Provider\Exception\IdentityProviderException: invalid_request in C:\xampp\htdocs\mydbr\lib\external\vendor\league\oauth2-google\src\Provider\Google.php:118 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\mydbr\lib\external\vendor\league\oauth2-client\src\Provider\AbstractProvider.php(726): League\OAuth2\Client\Provider\Google->checkResponse(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\Response), Array)
    SMTP1

- After that, I returned to the environment setup and clicked 'refresh token,' but an error occurred.
    Error 400: redirect_uri_mismatch
    You can't sign in to this app because it doesn't comply with Google's OAuth 2.0 policy.
    If you're the app developer, register the redirect URI in the Google Cloud Console.

SMTP3

- And this is my setup of SMTP
    SMTP2

14. vannc, Member

Dear Team!
    Luckily, I successfully logged in with Google SSO, but SMTP is not working yet.

15. myDBR Team, Key Master

While doing Single Sign-On through Google and sending mail through Google are bot utilizing Google’s services they are two unrelated things.

The redirect_uri_mismatch error message says what you need to do. Get a RefrsehToken using the link in myDBR’s Environmental settings and add the URL for the page doing the fetching into the allowed URL’s.

myDBR Team

16. vannc, Member

Dear Team!

Thanks team, I have successfully configured SMTP with a username and App password. My mistake was setting the password for the Gmail account

Best regards:
    Cong Van

You must log in to post.