Chart Export

(4 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Dev, Member

Is it possible to export pdf of charts enabled reports? Because I couldnt enable or see the options on the outputs. Pls help.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

You can use the ChartDirector based charts in PDF. Use the automatic parameter inExportFormat to detect if the export is a PDF one and use the imagechart chart option in those cases.

--
    myDB Tea,

3. Dev, Member

I'm not understanding. I am not using ChartDirector in the query. Below is the chart only query I am using

SELECT 'dbr.parameters.show';
    SELECT 'dbr.search', 1;
    SELECT 'dbr.title', CONCAT('Revenue by Service Report: ', DATE_FORMAT(inStartDate, '%m/%d/%Y'), ' - ', DATE_FORMAT(inEndDate, '%m/%d/%Y'));
    SELECT 'dbr.sum', 'Total Revenue';
    SELECT 'dbr.colstyle', 'Total Revenue', '$ %.2f';
    SELECT 'dbr.chart', 'Bar';
    SELECT 'dbr.chart.options', 'chartjs';

Where should I check the inexportformat? Is this something that needs to be done in the backend?

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

The Chart.js based charts do not appear on the PDF or in the Excel export as they are rendered by the browser. Therefore you need to use ChartDirector based charts when doing the export to PDF or Excel.

Add following parameter to your report (it will be automatically filled):

inExportFormat varchar(4)

Then check if there is an PDF or Excel export being done and use the ChartDirector charts. Otherwise, you can use the Chart.js charts:

if (inExportFormat in ('xlsx', 'pdf')) then
    select 'dbr.chart.options', 'imagechart';
    else
    select 'dbr.chart.options', 'chartjs';
    end if;

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.