Cannot create SVG chart

(6 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. theme, Member

Hi,

when trying to create SVG chart output using select 'dbr.chart.options','format','svg'; I'll get an empty page with only the name of the report. However, PNG works.

I've tested my ChartDirector separately and it can produce SVG using standalone php script so it seems something gets pear-shaped between myDBR and ChartDirector.

The generated php call for creating the SVG output is as follows:
    mydbr_get_cd_chart.php?img=chart1&id=oh6dsg228t004vcr1ch069s8854e62200a57806&&stype=.svg

Any advice how to approach this issue?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

You've got the same report producing PNG chart correctly and when you ask for SVG chart it does not work? Are you using a normal report or just the chart?

Also, what is the browser you are using?

--
    myDBR Team

3. theme, Member

Yes that is correct. PNG works, but SVG doesn't show anything. I only get the title of the report.

I'm using only line chart. No report tables etc.

Browser is Mozilla Firefox 3.6.21 on Ubuntu.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Could you show the report source code. Thre really is no reason why the chart would not show up.

--
    myDBR Team

5. theme, Member

Sure,

here is example code (I tried this on my system):
    DROP PROCEDURE IF EXISTS sp_DBR_test_sales $$ CREATE PROCEDURE sp_DBR_test_sales() BEGIN select 'dbr.chart', 'Line','Sales'; select 'dbr.chart.options','format','svg'; select y.m_year as 'Year', y.tag_data as 'Tag_data' from test.years y where y.id_name = 'Sales'; END $$

If I comment the svg-formatting line PNG-chart gets drawn.

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

Report is ok and should work just fine. There might be something wrong in your setup.

To investigate further run the updater to get the latest build and run the report by accessing only the chart object by adding '&getchart=1' to the end of the report URL (latest builds supports SVG charts with getchart). The output should the SVG object. You may find some more info in the output when you look at the generated output.

To make debugging easier replace the query with:

select 'dbr.chart', 'Line','Sales';
    select 'dbr.chart.options','format','svg'; select 2010 as 'Year', 20 as 'Tag_data'
    union
    select 2011, 30;

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.