Problems using query builder with myDBR3 and MsSQL

(2 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. cbucin, Blocked

Hi,

We have just installed an instance of MyDBR 3 community on our MsSQL server running IIS6 and SQL Server 2000.

All seems to be working correctly, I can manually type queries into the edit box and can run and save procedures.

What I cannot get to work is the Query Builder.

Whenever I to insert any fields from any database on the server I am getting the following message:

<div class="notification fatal" style="background-color: #FF9;border: 1px solid;display: table;margin-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 10px;padding-left: 30px;padding-right: 10px;padding-top: 10px;margin-top:30px;margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;"><div class="notification_row"><em>DB error Invalid object name 'mydbr.sys.foreign_key_columns'.<br />SQL: sp_MyDBR_table_reference 'mydbr',''</em></div></div>

Any ideas on what may have gone wrong with the installation and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated. I'm not really hot on MsSQL server so it's entirely possible that it's something wrong with the DB configuration there. Once I have this all working I will buy another Premium license.

Many thanks,

Chris

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Looks like the database account you are using cannot access the SQL Server system tables. Most likely the db account you are using in myDBR is not owner of the myDBR database. To see if this is the case, run:

SELECT name, SUSER_SNAME(owner_sid)
    FROM master.sys.databases

You can use the sp_changedbowner to change the database ownership.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.