Excel export with pictures

(9 posts) (2 voices)
  • Started by brad@foreverybody
  • Latest reply from brad@foreverybody
  1. brad@foreverybody, Blocked

the new features in myDBR 3 said i could export to excel with images. how do i do this? none of my reports with images are exporting with the image and the docs say nothing at all about images.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    If should export it without any extra effort. There might be something in your setup.

How does the Excel files look like? Do you still get the rest of the report i.e are just images are missing?

If you export to PDF, do you get the images there?

--
    myDBR Team

3. brad@foreverybody, Blocked

The rest of the report looks normal; just pictures are missing though there is a column for it. PDF is also missing images.

How are you supposed to add images to a report? maybe thats what im doing wrong. I kid of a assumed HTML img tags would do the trick. I cant find any documentation about it, however.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

What kind of images your reports include? The image support in myDBR 3.0 is for charts generated with myDBR.

--
    myDBR Team

5. brad@foreverybody, Blocked

bah useless! so there is no way for me to export a report with an image column then? my report is similar to the example from your documentation: example

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

For now converting arbiraty HTML-code to Excel is not supported. Can we ask what is your use case for converting images to Excel?

--
    myDBR Team

7. brad@foreverybody, Blocked

um use case? just like in your example. we have products and those products have pictures and i need to be able to query subsets of those products and be able to supply that information to people without relying on them using myDBR. preferably in a copy friendly manner but id settle for a pdf as an image.

8. myDBR Team, Key Master

If PDF is sufficient for you, you might want to consider using browser's PDF rendering. Depending on your OS selection you can use either OS native PDF printing, a PDF printer or just a browser which supports PDF printing (like Google Chrome).

--
    myDBR Team

9. brad@foreverybody, Blocked

that actually worked better than i expected (i can actually select text in the PDF). long live Mac OS X print to pdf feature.

You must log in to post.