mssql native client support?

(9 posts) (2 voices)
  • Started by brad@foreverybody
  • Latest reply from brad@foreverybody
  1. brad@foreverybody, Blocked

I don't suppose that it would be trivial to add support for mssqlnative would it? I NEED to move myDBR from an old window server running apache to a windows 2008 IIS 7.5 server running PHP 5.3. the mssql extension doesn't work and has been deprecated for php 5.3 under iis. I had no problem updating the in house applications from mssql to native client due to use of ADODB; perhaps myDBR would benefit from using ADODB too. myDBR already uses things like PHPMailer and adLDAP why not ADODB?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    you can use the FreeTDS drivers (php_dblib.dll) with IIS. See installation instructions from myDBR documentation.

We could add support for Microsoft Drivers for PHP, but that would not add that much value. Microsoft Drivers for PHP are Windows-only and the FreeTDS drivers work equally well, on all platforms.

As for ADODB, myDBR has a database abtraction layer which is providing all necessary functionality for myDBR to operate. ADODB while being a capable generic database abstraction library, does not provice all needed functionality.

--
    myDBR Team

3. brad@foreverybody, Blocked

thank you that SEEMS to work, however, i cannot login because "Single Sign-On is available on Premium version."
    obviously my license didn't come along for the ride. little help?

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

It will work just fine.

You can use local login to log into the server. With local login myDBR will not use the SSO/LDAP, but myDBR's own authentication. Just add '&local=1' to the end of the login URL. You can then add your license.

--
    myDBR Team

5. brad@foreverybody, Blocked

i see what is happening. it expects the host to match the old host... i can do that, however, I would prefer to change that so that my SSO will authenticate for our intranet as well as mydbr. i tried changing the host in the license text and that resulted in an invalid license key. Is there any way to perhaps revoke and reissue a license for a new host?

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

Brad,
    contact support with the details.

--
    myDBR Team

7. brad@foreverybody, Blocked

ok i have finally been able to login with SSO and with a valid license. now i have a problem that NONE of the reports are listed.
    just a big blank grey area and nothing in the php error log. is there a different log that i should check for mydbr errors?

8. myDBR Team, Key Master

Couple of questions:

- Do the reports show up if you are using local login?
    - What does "big blank grey area" mean? Do you have the headers / sidebar if you login as admin?

You might want to contact support with more details / screenshots.

--
    myDBR Team

9. brad@foreverybody, Blocked

Ill contact support, but to answer your questions:

no reports are still missing with a local login
    the sidebar and headers showup using my SSO login, but interestingly if i use the local admin login I get the header only

You must log in to post.