wwwroot and mydbr updates

(3 posts) (3 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. -nth-, Member

I've got mydbr running successfully in inetpub\wwwroot, but ran into a permissions issue on a recent update. The updater checked permissions on all folders in wwwroot not just the mydbr related ones. Hence I received an update error saying:

Please make sure that C:\inetpub\wwwroot is writable to your web server.
    Once you have granted write permissions to your web server try again and click refresh.

The following files and directories are currently not writable to your web server
    C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client/
    C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client/system_web/
    C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client/system_web/4_0_30319/

The wwwroot folder is writable to mydbr, but the aspnet folder isn't. Technically I don't think mydbr needs access to these folders does it? But it won't let me continue without granting permission to these. Not a big deal to add permission, but thought I'd mention that the scenario happened.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Yes,
    myDBR assumes that files under myDBR installation belong to myDBR. This may not be the case if you install myDBR to web root though.

Generally it is not good idea to have other files/directories under myDBR directory, since there is always a risk of overlap in file/directory names when updates are applied.

--
    myDBR Team

3. brad@foreverybody, Blocked

when i had this problem i ran the site under an admin user then after mydbr was setup i changed it back to the IUSR.

You must log in to post.