Unable to Execute

(7 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. jennifer808, Member

I just loaded the premium version of mydbr and I am unable to execute even the most basic queries. If I click show results in new window and hit execute - the new window spins indefinitely.

Here is a sample:
    CREATE PROCEDURE sp_DBR_test()
    BEGIN

select t.name as 'Name',
    t.type as 'Type'
    from reports_iss.tags t;

END
    $$

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

The report looks ok. How many rows do you have in tags-table?

Could you elaborate a bit more what "window spins indefinitely" means?

How does the installation look like otherwise? You are able to log in? You are able to edit reports? See preferences?

--
    myDBR Team

3. jennifer808, Member

I just did some more testing - it appears I can do select statements just fine.

The issue is I cannot execute the CREATE PROCEDURE sp_DBR_test() command.

By 'window spins indefinitely' I mean that a new tab is opened and the loading icon spins. It will spin for 30 minutes with no error - just a blank screen.

Is it a permissions issue in the mydbr database? I was able to write to it for configuring sso just fine.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Make sure the username that you have specified for database connections (Environment settings->Report Database Setup->Username) has all rights to the mydbr-database. This ensures that myDBR is allowed to create procedures to myDBR database.

For example:

mysql> grant all on mydbr.* to 'mydbr'@'localhost';

--
    myDBR Team

5. jennifer808, Member

It definitely does. I just double checked but I know it does because I was able to add users, change the sso settings, etc.

What is the table name it is writing to - maybe there is an issue there?

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

myDBR uses databases native stored procedures and as you were able to do the installation, that should be ok.

Moved the question to support where you opened a ticket.

--
    myDBR Team

7. jennifer808, Member

Thank you for your assistance - it turned out to be a mod security issue. I had to white list the script.

You must log in to post.