Best practice for generating customer emails

(5 posts) (2 voices)
  1. I created a 'report' (you might call it a pseudo-report) that uses the email extension to send emails to a selected group of customers from our database. The 'subject' and 'body' fields are supplied as parameters, to be filled in by the person sending the email. That works fine.

However, it is not very usable, because myDBR always sets the parameter values to whatever they were, the last time the 'report' was run. In this case, that obviously makes no sense, because the 'subject' and 'body' of each email will be different. There doesn't seem to be a way to force myDBR to use the initial parameter defaults, rather that what the user input on the last run.

So is there a different way of accomplishing the same objective. I have a table of email recipients in my database, but I want to enable my user to send out group emails to them, supplying the 'subject' and 'body' at the time the 'report' is run.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

We'll just make the remembering of the parameter values optional. That would be the easiest solution.

--
    myDBR Team

3. That sounds like a good idea. Any idea what the time frame would be for that?

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

We'll can try to get it into the next version. No dates yet, but it should be quite soon.

--
    myDBR Team

5. myDBR Team, Key Master

You can now tell myDBR not to remember user entered parameter values.
    --
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.