Append hdr=0 to end of url of linked report/url?

(7 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

1. duane, Member

Hi,

I have a link to a report, but want to remove the header on the linked page. I've used both dbr.report (and added 'hdr=0' as the last parameter) and dbr.url (and added the report hash and 'hdr=0' as the last parameter) but neither seem to result in a url with 'hdr=0' at the end. Is there another way of doing this?

Note when I use dbr.url and add fixed query string variables as parameters (e.g. h=<my report hash>) it produces an error (because it expects a column number) but I can't find a way to escape/override this.

Any suggestions?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

You should be able to do it with dbr.url, but we can see if it could be done with dbr.report too.

--
    myDBR Team

3. myDBR Team, Key Master

An option to add parameters to linked report has been added. See db.report-command for 'append' parameter. This allows also to create links directly to export reports (PDF, Excel etc).

--
    myDBR Team

4. duane, Member

Wonderful - I'll try it out now.

5. duane, Member

Seems the command reference doesn't yet referring to this. Is there somewhere else this is documented? It is used like :

SELECT 'dbr.report', 'sp_DBR_myreport', 1, 'inVar=1', 'append=hdr=0';

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

Command reference is updated (and typo corrected). Your browser is caching?

'append' option adds the given string to the URL thus allowing the extra functionality. Do not forget the '&' at the begining of the string as it is an extra parameter.

SELECT 'dbr.report', 'sp_DBR_myreport', 1, 'inVar=1', 'append=&hdr=0';

to create a link directly to PDF export use:

SELECT 'dbr.report', 'sp_DBR_myreport', 1, 'inVar=1', 'append=&export=pdf';

--
    myDBR Team

7. duane, Member

Perfect - works fine now. I have completely deleted my cache and now the command reference page has the instructions in it.

Thanks again.

You must log in to post.