3.3 Update - MS SQL Script Error - Infinite Retry

(2 posts) (2 voices)
  1. anthonyb, Member

Dear myDBR Team

I upgraded our myDBR 3.2 using the built-in updater to obtain 3.3.

All steps succeed except for the final phase where the database MS SQL script is executed. The error returned is that variable "@inUrl must be declared"

The variable is named "@inURL" in the stored procedure declaration, but not inside of the stored procedure body.

MS SQL is case sensitive and returns an error, and does not finish executing the script.
    Perhaps it is only on certain configurations of MS SQL as I did not find any other posts on the forum about this.

I opened up the file "mydbr_create_mssql.sql" and did a find/replace to change all instances of the variable to "@inUrl". I clicked "Retry" but it re-extracts the zip contents before running the update again, overwriting my changes.

Executing the fixed script contents directly in SSMS on the myDBR database works.

I got it working successfully but it is something you should fix for all us MS SQL users so that it only involves running your useful updater and make it less painful so we dont have to manually execute the SQL code.

Thanks and Regards
    Anthony Booysen

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Yes,
    you're right, there was an different spelling for @inUrl variable in install script. We've fixed the script and will include it to next update so the updates should be smooth also for case sensitive servers (variable case sensitivity is based on server collation).

Thank you for reporting this.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.