inline fields updatable by unauthenticated visitors?

(5 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. duane, Member

Hi,

I'm trying to have inline fields updatable by people who haven't logged-in (allowing the page to be accessed by direct url). I have a parameter of a hash of values so that each person on sees their specific information (and can't access others info). However it seems the inline fields don't work for people who are not logged in (despite making the report accessible via a direct url).

Is there a way to do this (e.g. do I need to also make all update procedure reports updatable via direct url) or is it currently built to prevent non-authenticated updates?

Cheers,

Duane

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

By inline fields you mean updateable cells in reports?

Wheter user can use updateable report or not depends on if (s)he has access right to the report doing the update (defined as dbr.editable parameter). You should be able to give update rights also to user who have not logged in.

--
    myDBR Team

3. duane, Member

yes - "updateable cells in reports"

I've already selected the "Access without login allowed via direct URL" option for the report. However creating a 'user' for 'anonymous' (unauthenticated) access sounds odd since they will never use their username or password.

So do I need to make each report called from the 'original' to have "Access without login allowed via direct URL" too?

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

You've got at least two reports:

1. The report that displays the data to the user i.e. the actual report. We'll call it 'My report'
    2. The report you use to do the actual updating i.e. the report that is the 2nd paramer for dbr.editable command. We'll call it 'Edit my data'

If you allow "Access without login allowed via direct URL" to report 'My report', anyone access to the server can access the 'My report' report without loggin in.

If you in addition to the previous one, allow "Access without login allowed via direct URL" to the report 'Edit my data', any user can also update data in the 'My report' report.

So, no need to create additional 'anonymous' users.

--
    myDBR Team

5. duane, Member

FYI: this worked for me - thanks as usual for the great support.

You must log in to post.