adding a report

(4 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Hi,

i have 2 questions -
    the 1st - if i have in my existing db stored procedures, is there a way to show the results of those as a report, or do i need to define them again using the reports wizard?

the 2nd - how do i create complicated joins in your system? my queries require me to get data from 6 different tables, and with each have a join of some condition - do i need
    to write all of this manually or is there some visual way to do a join? currently i see
    in the query builder the option to work with one table but not to join them, and also
    the "where" i need to add manually...
    please assist

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

1st: You can call any stored procedures from the report. Just make the procedure call ("call" in MySQL, "exec" in others).

2nd: The query builder when selecting multiple tables, will make joins if your database has primary and secondary keys defined. The where clause you need to add manually.

--
    myDBR Team

3. i see, so basically using mydbr, there is no way i can avoid writing code,
    meaning, i cannot achieve everything in a visual manner rather then code it,
    right?

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

You can do simple reports without much of a SQL knowledge, but myDBR is really designed for persons that know databases and SQL.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.