Excel multiple tabs

(7 posts) (3 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. sf_baker, Member

I'm having problems creating an Excel export that has more than 2 tabs (worksheets). Is this a known problem?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Generating multiple worksheets should work just fine. If you are having problems with it, please send a example report to support, so we can take a look at it.

--
    myDBR Team

3. conscience, Member

How to do multiple worksheets? I need to export multiple results set in a single excel file with each worksheet for each result set.
    Please guide! TIA

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

You can use the worksheet-export option:

select 'dbr.export.options','worksheet', 'First worksheet';

select ...
    from mytable select 'dbr.export.options','worksheet', 'Second worksheet'; select ...
    from mytable

--
    myDBR Team

5. conscience, Member

Oh Great!

Now, if you can help with this then it will be wonderful!

Let's take an example: I need to send last day booking details via a scheduled task that send an email with an attachment of three CSV i.e:
    1. transaction details of pending bookings
    2. transaction details of complete bookings
    3. transaction details of cancelled bookings

This can be done by calling and single report three times with change it's parameter (booking status). But this will add three separate CSV in the email. Where I actually want to send a single excel file with three worksheets in it.

How can I achieve this?

I'm using 'dbr.mail.attach' and then that report URL.

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

Do you want to send CSV files or an Excel file (a CSV file does not have any worksheets)?

If you send an Excel file, just do single report that does the three queries (or a loop if you just change the status) separated with the worksheet-export option.

--
    myDBR Team

7. conscience, Member

I want to send an excel file.

Ok Got it! Thanks for the support team.

You must log in to post.