To show the Report Parameters horizontally - Line by line

(11 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. bushraj, Member

My reports have more then 10 parameters and they are covering half of the report page as by default they are shown vertically. So is there any option available to do so ..? If not then i would appreciate if you will provide this feature in the next release..

Awaiting for your response. Thanks

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

You can already show some of the parameters side by side (usually done with dates).

If you have a lot of parameters, you might want to consider to use the default setup where the parameters can be shown by demand (the icon in top right).

--
    myDBR Team

3. bushraj, Member

For Dates we can use only two dates side by side at the same time using the parameters inStartDate,inEndDate.. Can we use more then two dates side by side on the same report?

Can you please elaborate this point :

If you have a lot of parameters, you might want to consider to use the default setup where the parameters can be shown by demand (the icon in top right).

Really appreciate it . Thanks.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Having two dates appear side by side, the dates represent timescale selection Date: from - to. What would three dates represent and how would you like them to be shown to user so that user knows what the fields are? Mabye if you gave a real example what you are trying to do.

By default the report is not showing the parameters, but user can quickly access them clicking the small wheel in top right corner when the report is done.

--
    myDBR Team

5. bushraj, Member

In my Reports there are not only from-to Dates, I have to use different date filters like Reported On Date ,Logged On Date, Last Modification Dates.. With other filters too.That's why it covers half of the page which is not providing a user-friendly view to the user.

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

Could you show how you would like it to be?

--
    myDBR Team

7. bushraj, Member

For Example :

CaseNumber: Call ID:
    Category: Severity Level:
    Reported By: ReportedOn:
    Reported Via: Recieved On: Summary:

8. myDBR Team, Key Master

OK,
    this is not supported yet. We'll add this as a feature request.

--
    myDBR Team

9. bushraj, Member

thanks..

10. bushraj, Member

How can i show the parameters by default,without clicking the small wheel in top right corner when the report is done?

11. myDBR Team, Key Master

There is a direct command 'dbr.parameters.show' doing exactly this. You might want to check the documentation.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.