Problem with configuration - cookie related??

(10 posts) (3 voices)

Tags:

1. bullyrai, Member

Hi

I've got a very strange problem. I've been using myDBR for several months without issue (very good it is too). Today, after a machine reboot I can no longer log in, I'm getting the following error:

Problem with configuration.
    Cause: Cookies cannot be accessed
    Suggestion: Check that your cookies are enabled and that the server session path is valid

Script: /index.php
    Session path: /

This happens on Chrome and Safari BUT I can access everything without problem on a very old firefox build. I have cleared cache and attempted logins on various machines with the same result.

I have found a couple of other forum posts with similar issues but they were more related to initial installations, as I said I have not changed anything and things were working fine before today.

myDBR is installed on an Ubuntu 10.04 LTS machine. I've restarted Apache several times and even rebooted the server but all to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

myDBR stores the session information into the cookie. If the cookie cannot be accessed or the session does not match the cookie you will get this error.

Check the server logs that you do not have problems with sessions. Another thing to troubleshoot is the cookies sent alongside the requests. You can also debug the session/cookie by enabling the debug_cookie-flag in user/defaults.php.

--
    myDBR Team

3. bullyrai, Member

Hi

Thanks for the assistance. I can't see any server errors and I have enabled the debugging of the cookie, I get the below output:

Debug info for troubleshooting:

Session id:oj25ned1hsrtcsc7sf3ctkv2s4
    Array
    (
    [options] => Options Object
    (
    [options:Options:private] => Array
    (
    [demo] =>
    [logintrace] =>
    [session_lifetime] => 1
    [authentication] => 2
    [avgprefix] => avg
    [countprefix] => #
    [dateformat] => Y-m-d
    [datetimeformat] => Y-m-d h:i:s a
    [dbrreportprefix] => sp_DBR
    [decimal_separator] => .
    [def_password] =>
    [def_username] =>
    [image_preferred] =>
    [instaviz] => 1
    [languages] => en_US|de_DE|fi_FI|sv_SE|nl_NL|it_IT|es_ES
    [maxprefix] => max
    [minprefix] => min
    [password_expiration] => 0
    [password_length] => 0
    [password_letter] =>
    [password_number] =>
    [password_special] =>
    [php_include_path] =>
    [proxy_server] =>
    [sso_server_url] =>
    [sso_token] =>
    [sumprefix] => Σ
    [theme] => taikala
    [thousand_separator] => ,
    [timeformat] => h:i:s a
    [language] => en_US
    )

[changed:Options:private] => Array
    (
    [language] => en_US
    )

[db_vendor:Options:private] => mysql
    [db_host:Options:private] => localhost
    [db_port:Options:private] => 3306
    [db_name:Options:private] => mydbr
    )

[flashver] => 11,3,300
    [username] => dba
    )

How would I check that the session matches the cookie?

When I first log into myDBR (after clearing cache etc) it does nothing, ie I enter my credentials and it simply returns me to the home page with empty credentials fields. I then log in AGAIN and thats when I see the above!

It seems as though the first attempt to log in is successful but it doesn't actually let me get past the login page, then when I log in again it could be a possible mismatch??

Pretty frustrating as everything was working brilliantly till yesterday and this is now causing much consternation with those reliant upon reports!

Thanks for your help!

4. bullyrai, Member

I've just tried a completely fresh install and I'm getting the same error!!

I never had this the first time I installed, can someone please help!!

Thanks

5. myDBR Team, Key Master

Do you have session.cookie_domain set in your php.ini? If the setting differs from your setup, Webkit based browsers (Safari / Chrome ) would behave the way you described as the session would be recreated.

--
    myDBR Team

6. bullyrai, Member

Hi

Thanks for the reply, I've checked my php.ini and it looks like this:

session.cookie_domain =

Should it be any different?

Thanks

7. myDBR Team, Key Master

That should be fine. If no value is set, the PHP should use the correct one.

Anyways, your symptoms suggest that the request for login is first set to one domain name and subsequent requests to another domain nam. This would throw off the webkit based browser's cookie/session handling as they are more strict what they allow. Please check if you have any redirects defined in your server.

You can debug what is going on with browser's inspector. Without access to the server it is hard to pinpoint the cause of the problem.

--
    myDBR Team

8. ACNC, Member

I'm getting a similar issue. I'm trying to shift myDBR onto a new machine. The new server is Ubuntu 16.04 with PHP 5.6. I managed to get through the (re)install procedure, getting ioncube working, etc. However when I try to log in I get:

Problem with configuration. Cause: Cookies cannot be accessed Suggestion: Check that your cookies are enabled and that the server session path is valid

Script: /site/mydbr/index.php Session path: /site/mydbr/

This happens for me with Firefox, and I'm certain that cookies are enabled in the browser. I have also checked my php.ini file and it has an empty value for "session.cookie_domain=".

I am guessing that the domain change due to moving servers will be the cause. But how do I resolve it? Any hints?

Thanks

9. myDBR Team, Key Master

The error comes when myDBR is unable to open a session in the server.

You could try to delete the existing myDBR cookie for the host mydbr-id. Also you check that the server is properly configured and that it supports sessions.

--
    myDBR Team

10. ACNC, Member

Thanks that did the trick.

For anyone with the same issue with Firefox, I just had to go to Preferences > Privacy > "remove individual cookies", then use the search box to search for "mydbr-id". Two different cookies appeared here--with two different domains. I just deleted both of them, and now I can log in.

You must log in to post.