User Defined dynamic parameters?

(12 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

1. manishmalviya, Member

Can we insert user defined parameter using our own html element to create reports?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Yes,
    in addition to myDBR objects, you are free to create any HTML elements and you can combine those with user parameters / data.

--
    myDBR Team

3. manishmalviya, Member

how to insert html element in object and use them as parameter in report creation please describe in detail.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Could you describe in a bit more detail what you wish to achieve?

--
    myDBR Team

5. manishmalviya, Member

Yes,why not?

I am using object in my html page

here is the code
    <div id="dpagecontents">
    <object data="http://localhost/mydbr/report.phpr=25&m=4&h=161923b2570ea5aa32243022b5d682eb72ed3b37" type="text/html"
    height="500px"
    width="100%">
    </object>
    </div>

What i want is to get parameters dynamically. means parameters from the dropdown created by me in my html page. is it possible to create report from parameter passed by dropdown given by me?
    there are few more questions.

1. how to hide edit button from the report?
    2. when ever we select the parameter and press the view report button parameter elements are hidden and show only reports. if i wanted to change the parameter i need to go back to the parameter page. is it possible to give parameter elements on the report page itself ?
    3.how to hide admin tools and report navigation in page header and footer?
    4. how to add multiple parameter?

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

If you wish to set myDBR report URL's parameters dynamically in your own HTML page, please use Ajax to create the call to myDBR. In this case myDBR is just an URL you will generate. See "Direct URL access to reports" from documentation.

1. how to hide edit button from the report?
    3.how to hide admin tools and report navigation in page header and footer?

Admins users have these tools. Normal user do not.

2. when ever we select the parameter and press the view report button parameter elements are hidden and show only reports. if i wanted to change the parameter i need to go back to the parameter page. is it possible to give parameter elements on the report page itself ?

Either click on the parameter button in top right to show the parameters or make them visible by default by using dbr.parameters.show -command.

--
    myDBR Team

7. manishmalviya, Member

Thanks a lot.

You didn't answer 4th question
    how to add multiple parameter?

8. manishmalviya, Member

Can we hide footer section "Powered by myDBR © myDBR.com 2007 - 2012 All Rights Reserved." and top right logo of mydbr?

9. myDBR Team, Key Master

Report parameters are normal parameters to report procedure. You can have as many parameters as you like. Take a look at the included demos and documentation for more info.

The All Rights Reserved text is static. You can customize the myDBR logo in top right in Premium version.

--
    myDBR Team

10. manishmalviya, Member

in demo single parameter is given in each report. i want multiple parameter on single report?

i dont want to show the All Right reserved text in my page.so from where i mean in which file i need to edit?

customization of mydbr logo is available in premium version.right ?

11. manishmalviya, Member

how to add default all records with the list of queried data to parameter?

12. myDBR Team, Key Master

in demo single parameter is given in each report. i want multiple parameter on single report?

Please see "User Parameters" in documentation for explanation and examples.

i dont want to show the All Right reserved text in my page.so from where i mean in which file i need to edit?

customization of mydbr logo is available in premium version.right ?

The All Rights Reserved text is static. You can customize the myDBR logo in top right in Premium version.

how to add default all records with the list of queried data to parameter?

The report is an output of normal SQL stored procedure, so it really depends on the logic you put in. You can check your input parameter to see if user selected to show all rows.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.