Is it possible to export to the server file system?

(2 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Gondwana, Member

I have a requirement to write a PDF report detailing the state of the database every quarter (+/-) for historical purposes. This is not a cron process. It will be launched by a human once certain conditions are met. The only solution I see is for a user to generate the report and export it. Depending upon the browser configuration, the user may need to save the file to a known local location. Then start another process to move the report from his/her client back to the server where it is stored and referenced in the database.

It would be nice if the user could simply start a process that writes the report to the server file system and updates the database. This would be a superior user experience.

Does myDBR have anything to help me deliver on this user requirement?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Sounds like it would be easier to create a report that would gather the data and store the data to the database with timestamp. You would then be able to access the history report as a PDF whenever you want and later be able to do other statistics from the data.

If you still want to create a PDF report that you wish to store into the server, you need some kind of server process that calls myDBR report and saves the output to a file in your desired location in the server. How to do that depends on your server configuration.

We would recommend taking a look at the first option.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.