Direct URL reports redirect to login page.

(5 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Gondwana, Member

When I attempt to access a report via a direct URL, I am challenged for login credentials and presented with an error message

Check username/password

I don't understand this because on the Edit Report page I have checked the box labeled

Access without login allowed via direct URL.

I do not have an automatic login configured in my environment.

---

Even though my reading of the documentation leads me to believe it is not necessary, I tried setting up an automatic login. Even with the box labeled

All logged in users
    checked on the Edit Report page, I get the same results.

My URL is: http://localhost/mydbr/report.php?r=sp_DBR_Top_20_Program_Risks&p1=MySessionID&h=5f3a8708ac62341633b27314514d8575d39f3d2e

The clear text string prior to hash is: sp_DBR_Top_20_Program_Risksp1MySessionIDSecret

I am running myDBR 3.5.1 (build 1535)

What am I missing?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Where did you get the URL for the report? Is that the URL what you see when you run the report when logged in?

Could be that it is invalid and therefore myDBR will not find the correct report.

--
    myDBR Team

3. Gondwana, Member

The URL above was constructed within a PHP program following the recipe the myDBR documentation.

The URL when the report is run from the myDBR interface is http://localhost/mydbr/report.php?r=33&u1=MySessionID&m=5&h=4e17bc2429d09df36e3b10852fc203d547832286

However, the documentation advises the &m=5 is optional, and using the stored procedure name if you wish to make a portable URL.

Clicking on the URL in the Edit Report page I am provided with report.php?r=sp_DBR_Top_20_Program_Risks&h=b6b8e0d01621f4d0b73c7930a0c3b81e5a3aab25&embed=1

This could never work because of the embedded & amp; and still needs to be reconstructed with my p1=...

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Use the report ID instead of the name when you are constructing the URL. We'll take a look for the report name support in direct URL's.

--
    myDBR Team

5. Gondwana, Member

Yes. I just found using the ID instead of the Proc Name works.

I sure hope you can bring back support for names in the direct URLs.

Thanks!

You must log in to post.