License for single DB

(10 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. bushraj, Member

Hey ,

Can we use a single license for multiple databases .. For Example, if I have purchased a license for mySql ,so can i use that same license for mysql server?

Do reply please.

Regards,

Bushra

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

The license is tied into the web server that is serving the myDBR application. You can combine data from multiple databases.

--
    myDBR Team

3. bushraj, Member

How can we use MySQL and sql server at the same time? Because in Environment Setting ,I have Re-Run the Database setup for changing it from mysql to sql server. And it will revert back all my procedure and reports which i have already designed using MySQL.. I want to use it at the same time how can i do it .. without overwriting the existing reports.

Kindly help.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

You will need separate instance for MySQL and SQL Server.

If you have a setup where you have mixed MySQL and SQL Server databases, you can use the MySQL database as a linked database inside SQL Server.

Please note that myDBR stores all it's reports and definitions into the database so if you reinstall myDBR to use SQL Server, your reports created in MySQL database are intact in your MySQL installation.

--
    myDBR Team

5. bushraj, Member

Can you elaborate a little bit..

I ll appreciate if you will explain in steps and how can i linked a database to another.

Thanks for support :)

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

Linked server is a feature of MS SQL Server. Please see the SQL Server documentation.

--
    myDBR Team

7. bushraj, Member

Hey ,

I have successfully made the linked server from sql server to mysql.

Now how can i call the mysql tables in mydbr of the linked server .

For Example in SQL SERVER we call it like :

SELECT * FROM OPENQUERY(MYSQL2, 'SELECT * FROM mydbr.mydbr_authentication LIMIT 10')

How to call mysql in mydbr procedure ..

Do reply it urgently .. Thanks.

Regards,
    Bushra

8. myDBR Team, Key Master

Wih linked server you can mix data from variety of sources (MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL etc). For myDBR the linked server is totally invisible, so you can treat it as another SQL Server database.

To make queries to remote server, you can either use direct query using the linked server:
    SELECT TOP 5 * FROM mydbr...mydbr_authentication

Or if you have large datasets, use the OPENQUERY:
    SELECT * FROM OPENQUERY(MYSQL2, 'SELECT * FROM mydbr.mydbr_authentication limit 5')

OPENQUERY sends the query directly to remote server whereas the direct linked server queries are executed on SQL Server. See web for more information how to use linked server.

--
    myDBR Team

9. bushraj, Member

When I run the above mentioned query it gives the following error.

"Heterogeneous queries require the ANSI_NULLS and ANSI_WARNINGS options to be set for the connection. This ensures consistent query semantics. Enable these options and then reissue your query. (severity 16)"

Then i changed my procedure into this , but still giving this error.

SET ANSI_NULLS ON
    SET ANSI_WARNINGS ON

GO
    IF object_id('sp_DBR_test','P') IS NOT NULL
    DROP PROCEDURE [sp_DBR_test]
    GO
    create procedure sp_DBR_test
    as
    begin
    SELECT * FROM OPENQUERY(MYSQL2, 'SELECT * FROM mydbr.mydbr_authentication');

end
    GO

What I m doing wrong here

10. myDBR Team, Key Master

myDBR uses connection settings which are set as default in the database. Your mydbr database in SQL Server does not have these options set. To change the settings use:

alter database mydbr set ANSI_WARNINGS on
    alter database mydbr set ANSI_NULLS on

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.