Problems migrating DB

(11 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. labber, Member

I just upgraded to 3.6 and everything went fine. I then migrated to a new DB server which was setup as a slave to the previous server so everything bit of information was copied over so MySQL data was identical. When I go to change the server it says I need to rerun the installation. When I do it it gets stuck on the DB part saying it cant find the tables for MyDBR even though I can clearly see them and they are populated with data. The username and password are also valid. Any idea why this might be happening?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Sounds like a permission problem of some sort.

What is the exact error message you are getting and what is the exact install step the execution stops?

--
    myDBR Team

3. labber, Member

Below is a screenshot of the problems.

4. labber, Member

I'm wondering if maybe there are some commands that need to be run on the database server that were initially run on the previous one when we installed myDBR.

5. labber, Member

Ok I just found something interesting. If I rerun installation and i use the old server which myDBR is already setup to use and it's working fine I get the same error. I'm wondering if maybe there is a bug in the installation code. Is there a file that I can edit and just change the current server?

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

The page you show is shown also in cases where there is an older version of myDBR installed. You can either click 'Create Objects' or run the script manually. You should just click 'Create Objects'. If there is an older installation, the script will just update the database structure to match the new version.

--
    myDBR Team

7. labber, Member

But why would I get this if I try to simply rerun the installation on the existing database server? Wouldn't it just work already? Or did the update to 3.6 not work correctly.

8. labber, Member

When I click create objects I get the screen below but I just click ignore, it then finishes setup but the ip address is not changing to the new one I set.

9. myDBR Team, Key Master

It should. if you run query:

select version from mydbr_version

from the mydbr-database, what do you get?

--
    myDBR Team

10. labber, Member

Ok I had someone at datapipe add the statement to our DB server and now it went through no problem and updated the ip.

11. myDBR Team, Key Master

OK.

So your database settings prevent procedure creation. This is due to the binary logging you have on. This is likely the cause of the problem as myDBR updater also utilizes stored routines. You can set the log_bin_trust_function_creators on.

See more information about the binary logging from MySQL documentation.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.