Active directory integration can't find the 'admin' group

(4 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. adamhaeder, Member

I am attempting to setup mydbr with Active Directory integration. I filled out these fields on /mydbr/index.php?a=settings:

Domain Controller: 192.168.1.221 Username: adquery Password: <password> Account Suffix: omaha.org Base DN: ou=AIM Users,dc=omaha,dc=org

and when I hit 'Test Connection' I get the 'ok' message back and it says it found 67 users. So far so good.

Now, in my defaults.php file I have these 2 variables set:
    'active_directory_mydbr_groups' => 'AIM', 'active_directory_mydbr_admin_group' => 'mydbradmins',

The 'AIM' group contains all my users, and the 'mydbradmins' group is one I created which only contains a few users. When I go to the page /mydbr/index.php?a=ad_check, it tells me this:

Login : OK Checking for group 'AIM' in AD : OK Checking for group 'mydbradmins' in AD : Failed Checking for myDBR Groups (members)

So it correctly finds the 'AIM' group and enumerates all of my users, but it can't find the 'mydbradmins' group. I can't get it to recognize any group I put there, even thought I know they exist. The full DNs for each group are:
    CN=AIM,OU=Domain Groups,OU=AIM Users,DC=omaha,DC=org CN=mydbradmins,OU=Domain Groups,OU=AIM Users,DC=omaha,DC=org

So why would mydbr be happy with the 'AIM' group but not the 'mydbradmins' group?

TIA

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    please check that the active_directory_mydbr_admin_group is inside the 'active_directory_mydbr_groups' (i.e. 'mydbradmins' being inside the 'AIM' in your case).

All myDBR groups are inside the 'active_directory_mydbr_groups' so that the AD structure is not cluttered.

Btw, you are using the user/defaults.php are you?
    --
    myDBR Team

3. adamhaeder, Member

Thank you, I will give this a try. Yes I'm using user/defaults.php. Are these Active Directory settings gotchas documented anywhere?

4. adamhaeder, Member

Ignore that last post, I found the documentation and got it working. Thanks

You must log in to post.