Connection to Active Directory Failed

(4 posts) (2 voices)
  1. bushraj, Member

Hey,

When I m testing Active Directory in Environment settings. It gives the following error

"Bind to Active Directory failed. Check the login credentials and/or server details. AD said: Can't contact LDAP server"

Username : dba
    Password : dba
    What should I fill in these fields (Can't get it from documentation) :Domain Controller,Account Suffix,Base DN

And why the connection failed? I have enabled the php_ldap.dll in php.ini

In php_info :

LDAP Support enabled
    RCS Version $Id: ldap.c 321634 2012-01-01 13:15:04Z felipe $
    Total Links 0/unlimited
    API Version 3001
    Vendor Name OpenLDAP
    Vendor Version 20319
    SASL Support Enabled

Kindly help.

Regards,
    Bushra

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Bushra,
    in order for Active Directory to work, you need to tell myDBR the login details for your Active Directory installation. If you do not provide this information, you will get the error message stated above.

Domain Controller:
    - Address for the Active Directory server(s)
    Account Suffix
    - The full account suffix for your domain
    Base DN
    - Where to start the searches in Active Directory

See Microsoft Active Directory documentation for more info if you are not familiar with the terminology.

--
    myDBR Team

3. bushraj, Member

Hey ,

The connection to Active Directory is OK. but it cannot find any group . Although i have added that group to AD successfully. but in myDBr settings it is not able to find that group for that user. and when i try to sync AD data it gives the following error

Warning : Invalid argument supplied for foreach in C:/wamp/www/mydbr/lib/ad_sync.php

please help.

Regards,

Bushra

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

The connection to Active Directory is OK. but it cannot find any group

if you can log into AD this means your Domain Controller and Account Suffix should be ok.

If myDBR cannot see the groups, most likely cause of this is that your Base DN is incorrect (or you have some kind of problems with the group definitions in AD).

Syncing before all your connection parameters are ok will not do you any good.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.