Beware the flasher

(3 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. psmerd, Member

I am seeing some loading artifacts caused by first building the DOM, then imposing the jQueryUI extensions, such as tabbed reports.
    In our case, this creates a flashed list display, followed by a nicely formatted tab display on a number of our reports.
    Sometimes the list lasts for several seconds. This doesn't present well, IMHO.

I have experimented with our tabbed reports, and I found if I set the mydbr_tab_wrapper class to display: none in interface/style.css, then set it back to display: table within $(document).ready(), it looked much better.

My request is for you to look at this issue in general to try and minimize the bouncing, moving, 'flashing' DOM presentation as it transitions from initial (plain) html to fully styled css in all its glory.

John GIllespie

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

In a browser with slow JavaScript-engine / very complex content in tab, the client side tab creation may be visible. We'll incorporate the suggestion into the next build.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    --
    myDBR Team

3. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    non-flashing JqueryUI elements (tabs + accordion) are now included in the latest build. Just run the updater to get the build.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.