Can't login in another window while a query is running

(3 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. adamhaeder, Member

I have a number of queries that take more than a minute to run. This is not a mydbr issue, it's just the way my data is setup. Anyway, I've noticed that when one of these reports is running, I cannot do anything else in mydbr in another tab or another browser window. I can't even get to the login page, the browser just spins waiting on the page to load until my initial report is done, then everything loads. This seems like a table locking issue to me; ie the report is locking some table that mydbr is trying to write to, so it has to block waiting on the table lock. All of my tables are innodb, so there isn't the table locking issues like there are with myisam. Is this a known issue or do I have something setup wrong?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

The reason for the queuing is not in the database, but in PHP's session file and affects only the your browser running the slow query. If you use another browser, you should be able to log in just fine as it will use another session.

We'll take a look if there is something we can do about it.
    --
    myDBR Team

3. myDBR Team, Key Master

Coming back to this one.

The latest build has improvements on this one. When myDBR runs the reports it, by default, uses session to store the charts it will serve. If you have a very slow report, the browser session file is locked while the report is being generated.

If you run the slow report with option &embed_image=1, the charts will be embedded into the report and therefore there is no need for the session to be locked.

Alternatively, the embed_image can be set as a default setting in the defaults.php. Having embed_image on by default increases the download sizes of the charts slightly.

Some older browsers (IE7, IE8 notably) have limitations on image embedding so myDBR will detect those browsers and skips using embedded images on those browsers.

Hope this clarifies this subject.
    --
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.