Entering into MYDBR using Windows Active Directory

(14 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. bushraj, Member

Hey,

I have a query that,if i log into windows using Active Directory(LDAP)and using the same account of AD for log into myDBR.. then myDBR should not ask the login again , it should use the same credentials for myDBR. Is It possible? Once i log into windows using AD , it should not ask the login again for MyDBR... Please help..

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.....

Bushra

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    this is not how the authentication works. When you use Active Directory, you are authenticated against the Active Directory.

--
    myDBR Team

3. bushraj, Member

Yes, but how can we authenticate it against the same windows Active Directory?

Like for example if i log on to my system using Active Directory then after that if i want to log on to mydbr will it ask the credentials of Active Directory again? I don't want login again and again

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Yes, but how can we authenticate it against the same windows Active Directory?

myDBR supports Active Directory out of the box. Please enable Active Directory authentication from settings.

Like for example if i log on to my system using Active Directory then after that if i want to log on to mydbr will it ask the credentials of Active Directory again? I don't want login again and again

The credentials will be asked only once when user logs in. Your browser is not using login from Windows Operating System, but will authenticate against Active Directory.

--
    myDBR Team

5. bushraj, Member

I m using Active Directory successfully... but cant we integrate single sign on and Active Directory together...?

Can we code SSO in other languages also like asp?

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

myDBR can authenticate the user in multiple ways:

- Normal myDBR auhentication: myDBR will authenticate against it's internal user database
    - Database authentication: myDBR will authenticate using database credentials
    - Active Directory: myDBR will authenticate against Active Directory
    - Single Sign-On: myDBR will authenticate using Single Sign-On protocol

As the name states Single Sign-On authentication uses login already done somewhere else. Other methods ask use the username and password.

You can implement an Single Sign-On service which in the background authenticates through Active Directory. The implementation can be done in any programming language as long as the protocol is implemented.

--
    muDBR Team

7. bushraj, Member

As stated :

You can implement an Single Sign-On service which in the background authenticates through Active Directory. The implementation can be done in any programming language as long as the protocol is implemented.

Can you please provide any coding example of ths as Im ' totally new to this.

Thanks.

8. myDBR Team, Key Master

Please see myDBR documentation for examples http://mydbr.com/doc/?prefs.sso.html. The documentation also includes full description of the authentication protocol used.

In addition to the SugarCRM Single Sign-On implementation, you will find impelementations for phpBB and for standalone server.

--
    myDBR Team

9. bushraj, Member

Yes the documentation have the example of SSO separately but how can i use SSO with Active directory in the background .. I need its example.

10. myDBR Team, Key Master

As myDBR already supports Active Directory directly, there is very little benefit you will get by implementing Single Sign-On server which uses the same Active Directory as backend.

But if you really want to do this you call Active Directory in from your Single Sign-On server and return the authentication result to myDBR. How to implement calls to Active Directory from your Single Sign-On server depends on what programming language you are using and is bit off myDBR support scope.

--
    myDBR Team

11. bushraj, Member

sorry if its out of the scope .. Actually i was embedding Image charts to my different Application that worked fine but it asks MyDBR authentication before opening that chart .. that i don't want .. I want the chart to directly open my my web page(If that user is allowed to see that chart)...

12. myDBR Team, Key Master

In order for myDBR to determine access rights to the user user needs to be authenticated. If you do not want a separate authentication within myDBR you have two option:

1) Use Single Sign-On, so myDBR will use credentials from your application
    2) Pass the login details when you call myDBR. See myDBR's documentation for HTTP Basic Access authentication usage

In your case, sounds like the Single Sign-On is the way to go.
    --
    myDBR Team

13. bushraj, Member

I just found mod_auth_sspi module for Apche server to use SSO with windows ..

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mod-auth-sspi/

Can i use this with MyDBR?

14. myDBR Team, Key Master

There is no support for mod-auth-sspi.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.