Login from Drupal

(4 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

1. woodgnome, Member

I have a Drupal site that different users can log in to, there are more than one type of user e.g. 'representative' and 'owner'. I would like to provide a single link within Drupal that will direct a user to the MyDBR index page (in an new browser tab/window) and automatically log the user in to MyDBR so that they can view the relevant reports.

I could provide multiple urls in Drupal that go to specific reports, but would rather use the MyDBR index page to allow users to access the appropriate reports.

Does anyone have any hints on whether this is achievable? It seems as though it's SSO in reverse in that the user goes to Drupal first, then to MyDBR rather than the other way round.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Sounds like you will simply need a Single Sign-On plugin for myDBR to be used with Drupal. This way any user authenticated in Drupal would be automatically authenticated in myDBR with same ID's.

When using the Single Sign-On in myDBR the order of what service user uses first is not relevant.
    --
    myDBR Team

3. woodgnome, Member

Thanks, Is it possible to allow some MyDBR users to log on using SSO (through a link on our Drupal site), and have other MyDBR users log on as normal using the existing password authentication?

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    when SSO (or Active Directory) login is enabled, you can use myDBR logins at the same time by adding '&local=1' into the login URL.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.