Moving it all from one installation to aother ...

(3 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Hi,
    I have an installation (been using myDBR Commercial license for well over three years) on Ubuntu 9 and am now retiring the hardware and the OS. The system is in daily use and so I cannot easily take it away except at night. I can make a backup (or export) of the MySQL database - one single database is used for the application and the myDBR data, as was the requirement when I first started with myDBR. I have a clean empty install on Ubuntu 12 and the version of myDBR [myDBR 3.6.0 (build 1640)] I have installed uses two databases, one for the data and the other for the myDBR, as is now the suggestion. I have worked out that I can, obviously, copy the 'customer' table MySQL data across to the new install but the 'mydbr' table MySQL data seems is not 'compatible' with the myDBR 3.3.0 (build 1401)on the old system. The customer has 100+ reports in the old system, not to mention the 80,000+ rows of data in the database (>20MB). What is the easiest way to 'move' the myDBR across from one system to the other? Is there an 'export reports' utility or is there a way I can process the data in the original 'mydbr_*' tables so they work in the new database tables?
    I have full access to both systems, I am a system builder and have both the machines physically present. I appreciate the license being bound to the web address so currently the 'destination' machine is running the community edition and the 'source' is running premium. When I rename the systems the licence should be vaild, but I cannot rename the system whilst it is being used. I need to copy the data across and then simply activate the new hardware giving it the old name. It is the copying of the 100+ reports that is the issue here. Any help or pointers would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    everything myDBR stores can be found in the database, so it's just a matter of transferring the tables with the content to the new database. There are these kind of myDBR objects:

- Tables: 'mydbr_'-prefix
    - Procedures: 'sp_MyDBR'-prefix
    - A function mydbr_style

Your own objects are the reports that you will find with 'sp_DBR'-prefix. There might be additional objects you have created that are related to myDBR, but those you should already know.

So to make the transfer:

- Create a database dump containing the objects matching the criteria above
    - Load the objects to a new database
    - Configure myDBR to use the new database

Copy the old myDBR PHP installation to new machine and run the updater to update the application and the table structure to current version.

--
    myDBR Team

3. Thank you kindly. I now have my weekends work defined!
    Thanks for a speedy response.

You must log in to post.