mydbr_param1 usable in autocomplete sp

(13 posts) (3 voices)
  1. Peter Schober, Member

Hello,

is there any possibility to use mydbr_param (e.g. mydbr_param1 ) in an autocomplete sp?

Thanks in advance for your feedback
    Peter

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

For now mydbr_param is available in select, radio and checkboxes.

--
    myDBR Team

3. Peter Schober, Member

Hello myDBR Team,

thanks for your prompt feedback. I think it can be a very helpful (maybe in a future release) to have the mydbr_param parameters also in autocomplete sp's.

Thanks again
    Peter

4. Peter Schober, Member

Hello Team,

another short question:

I have a select-parameter statement with a mydbr_param included. This select statement will not be updated automatically after changing the related mydbr_param select box. It works, when you change it (the select statement with the mydbr_param) to a stored procedure. Is there any hidden syntax you need to know?

Peter

5. myDBR Team, Key Master

It should work both with direct SQL and with a stored procedure. How does your parameter query look like?

The stored procedure approach has advantages as it is easier to maintain if the query becomes more complex.
    --
    myDBR Team

6. SBurke, Member

Hi
    I have a similar issue (All my parameter are 'pop-up'), and I get the same result with both a Stored Procedure and direct SQL. My SQL statement is (for parameter 3)

select priceband
    from typ.tpricebands
    where vendorcode = mydbr_param1

When I open the report, param1 has a default value and this returns the expected result in this parameter (parmeter 3). However when I change the value in param1 I get no results in this parameter (3). Any ideas? I know that there are results for all the entries in the pop-up of param1, because if I run the report, the screen refreshes and I have my valid parameter 3 enteries again. It's like I need to add a refresh command or something. Please Help.

7. myDBR Team, Key Master

See the example of connected parameters from the myDBR demo.

--
    myDBR Team

8. SBurke, Member

This is what I expect to happen, but it doesnt for me, any suggestions what I can try. It works on loading the page but not on changing selection?

Thanks

9. myDBR Team, Key Master

Without additional details it is bit hard to say. Please check that your parameter references are correct.

--
    myDBR Team

10. SBurke, Member

Other than my post above what other information should I provide?

Thanks

11. myDBR Team, Key Master

Useful information would be:

- The code and the names of the parameter queries that are used
    - Screenshot of the Parameter queries section from 'edit report' to see how parameter queries are attached into the report
    - Parameter report code up to the first begin so we know that parameters are in the report.

--
    myDBR Team

12. SBurke, Member

I hope this helps;

13. myDBR Team, Key Master

Other than the extra semicolon that you have in the parameter query, the setup looks ok. Could you try to create a simplified version of the query so we could rule out any extra moving parts.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.