Update to 3.7 problem - added license, Update wizard failed (ping mydbr -> OK)

(4 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. martin, Member

Yesterday I had to renew my community license like every month.
    After adding it, I got:

Some of your licenses are valid for a newer version of myDBR.
    Update myDBR to use these licenses. Your myDBR version is 3.6.0. --> Update myDBR

-->
    myDBR - Update
    Update wizard failed
    The update wizard could not contact the myDBR update server.
    Please try again in a few minutes or visit mydbr.com for more information.

- I have had no changes in the firewall.
    - ping mydbr.com: 64 bytes from ..(205.186.146.65): icmp_seq=1 ttl=49 time=126 ms
    - Last update was OK (must have been around 25th of Oct)

What can I do/check(how)?

Greetings from Vienna@Austria, Martin

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    In order to get the lastet version, myDBR updater running in the server should be allowed to have HTTP-connection to the mydbr.com server. The ping test will not be sufficient to tell if the HTTP connection can be made or not.

If you have a firewall in place, you can define a proxy server to be used.

If you are getting the the "The update wizard could not contact the myDBR update server" your server may have temporary problems accessing the mydbr.com or your firewall is preventing the connection.

If you are able to access mydbr.com using HTTP from your server, then the updater should work as well.

--
    myDBR Team

3. martin, Member

Hi myDBR Team, Key Master,

Thanks for your prompt answer.

I can get your webpage on that server (headless, no gui) via: elinks http://www.mydbr.com!

So I can access mydbr.com using HTTP from my server, but the updater still doesn't work.

If I wait long enough for the <Retry> I
    sometimes get a 'Congratulation ... Your Installation was successful ...'

After logging in, again:
    Some of your licenses are valid for a newer version of myDBR.
    Update myDBR to use these licenses. Your myDBR version is 3.6.0. --> Update myDBR

What else can I do?
    (I even tried to add a newer license. Still stuck.)

Regards, Martin

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

When you go to the automatic updater in myDBR, you should be able to see the "Welcome to the update wizard" page with release note with latest version (now 3.7.0). If you can access this page your connection is ok. If you then still have problems running the updater, check that you can download the version from the server so that your connection does not time out when doing the actual download.

You can manually download the version using curl / wget. The direct link to latest version can be found from the [url=mydbr.com download page]http://mydbr.com/download[/url]. Depending on your connection, the download should not take more than few seconds.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.