502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.

(4 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. After having to buy a new Premium license and using it, I had to install the latest and greatest version. That all went well. I got to the login screen and that looked successful, but I got this error...502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server. I went in and then got a community license and put that in and it worked fine. So my Premium license seems to be corrupt.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

It looks to be more of an server misconfiguration issue rather than the corrupted license. The reason why the 502 error comes when using the premium version, is bit hard to tell without an access to the server but most likely there is a extended feature which triggers the misconfiguration in the server.

Try to check your server error logs for more information.
    --
    myDBR Team

3. It would appear somewhere between 3.1 and 3.7 you added a wkhtmltopdf which needs to be there are you get this error. Had to go install this feature which apparently doesn't get included with the upgrade from 3.1 to 3.7.

Thanks

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

wkhtmltopdf support was added as an optional installation in myDBR 3.1. It will give you very nice PDF output and is a recommended installation. Optional install means that myDBR will check the existence of wkhtmltopdf when it starts.

If you are on IIS using CGI, you might benefit from using the FastCGI instead. This may get you, in addition to other benefits, better support for external applications (like wkhtmltopdf).

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.