Connection Failed

(5 posts) (2 voices)
  1. nsepetys, Member

Hello myDBR Representative,

How are you guys doing? I recently implemented the real time report refresh into one of our dashboards. I am noticing an odd issue though that after one or two refreshes we seem to get some server issues. The error says "Connection failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)" followed by "Re-running the installation might resolve the problem.". I am using somewhat the same code you guys provided following the timed javascript button press for the ajax refresh:
    SELECT 'dbr.javascript', ' $("#ajaxBusy").remove(); $(".refresh_image1")[0].click(); window.setInterval(function() {$(".refresh_image1")[0].click();}, 30000); ', 'onload';

I did increase the time to see if the timing was just too much for the server but alas even that did not help. The subreport has performed fine inline with the body of the dashboard but for whatever reason this method causes issues. I even can get the subreport to show in the dashboard once or twice before the server bombs. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Noah

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Noah,
    the "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket" issue can come up with various reasons (disk / memory resource shortage) on your server. Check the server error logs for more information. Nothing in the code that would cause a connection error.

--
    myDBR Team

3. nsepetys, Member

Our Network Operations guys said it is "crashing the mysql process". Any ideas as to why it would do that offhand?

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

First thing to check is to see if you are running out of resources in the server. Check you memory and disk space usage.

--
    myDBR Team

5. nsepetys, Member

I think this may be due to a bug in the version of mysql we're running. If it ends up being something different I will post back. Thanks!

You must log in to post.