Accessing Email Header Tag

(3 posts) (2 voices)
  1. nsepetys, Member

Hello myDBR Support,

How are you doing? I am looking to perform a work around for using anchors within an email that will be read in the outlook client (post-2007). Because of this I am not able to simple do html anchor links. There is a work around suggested by some but it requires access to the email header tag. Is there anyway I can use myDBR to alter the header tag of the email I'm sending?

Thanks,
    Noah

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Are you talking about the email headers or the tags in the head-section of the HTML-mail? If latter, you can try to change the extensions/mail/mail_header.html. If the modification works, let us know and we can test if we can add it to distribution.

--
    myDBR Team

3. nsepetys, Member

Thank you. I do not have access to the file so unfortunately I will not be able to test that (work around for email header tag modification is here. Method #1- For how one could potentially pull off a outlook anchor- method #1).

It seems that the anchor behavior is rather flaky from email client to email client. While we did get it to work for outlook 2016, I'm not sure if I'd recommend someone trying to execute such functionality. If anybody is curious how we managed to pull it off here's the post that lead me to the solution- method #2.

You must log in to post.