Just ordered new licenses - get the message below, should I worry

(4 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Mark Tetrode, Member

Licenses

Update myDBR

Some of your licenses are valid for a newer version of myDBR.
    Update myDBR to use these licenses. Your myDBR version is 5.8.0.

1. Should I worry that mydbr stops working?
    2. I tried upgrading but this failed with

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `mydbr_favourite_folders` (
    `id` int not null auto_increment,
    `user` varchar(128),
    `authentication` int NOT NULL,
    `folder_id` int NOT NULL,
    PRIMARY KEY USING BTREE (`id`),
    INDEX USING BTREE ( `user`, `authentication` ),
    FOREIGN KEY (`folder_id`) REFERENCES mydbr_folders (`folder_id`) ON DELETE CASCADE,
    FOREIGN KEY (`user`, `authentication`) REFERENCES mydbr_userlogin (`user`, `authentication`) ON DELETE CASCADE
    ) ENGINE=InnoDB

[HY000][1005] (conn=7721537) Can't create table `mydbr`.`mydbr_favourite_folders` (errno: 150 "Foreign key constraint is incorrectly formed")

This line is the offending one
    FOREIGN KEY (`user`, `authentication`) REFERENCES mydbr_userlogin (`user`, `authentication`) ON DELETE CASCADE

I tried to create the table manually without the last foreign key but upgrading still does not work
    What should I do next?

Second question:

For one of the hosts I have multiple instances of mydbr running (for reporting.smartconnect.eu I have /department1 and /department2 etc)

I now see that licenses are linked to a URL instead of a host. The reason I run it in different URLs is that departments cannot see each other reports and having 1 system would certainly lead to leaking information between departments. They are however linked to the same set of database tables.

How can we solve this?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

1. Should I worry that mydbr stops working?
    2. I tried upgrading but this failed with

No need to worry. The message comes when you have changed the character set/collation from the one that you originally used in myDBR. This is causing the foreign key to fail as foreign key's character set/collation needs to match the table that is being created. Most likely you have used utf8 originally and are now using utf8mb4.

To fix the issue, take a look at this forum thread. You just need to create the table with matching character set and run the updater again.

For one of the hosts I have multiple instances of mydbr running (for reporting.smartconnect.eu I have /department1 and /department2 etc)

I now see that licenses are linked to a URL instead of a host. The reason I run it in different URLs is that departments cannot see each other reports and having 1 system would certainly lead to leaking information between departments. They are however linked to the same set of database tables.

myDBR is licensed per installation (has always been), so if you have multiple servers running, you will need separate licenses each installation.

--
    myDBR Team

3. Mark Tetrode, Member

1. thanks

2. did the show create table mydbr_userlogin; shows ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8
    executed the statement
    drop table `mydbr_favourite_folders`;
    CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `mydbr_favourite_folders` (
    ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8

checked for update on page https://tele-onthaal.smartcall.cc/rapportage/install/index.php?controller=update

This still shows:
    All your existing reports and settings will be kept in place. Your current myDBR version is 5.8.7.

myDBR 5.8 - "PHP 7.4" with a start button at the end. When clicking on that I get an nginx timeout

Is this normal?

Regarding the second question: thanks for clarifying.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

The timeout should not happen.

However, your sever seems to be up-to-date with version 5.8.7 build 4335, which is the latest as of this writing.

If you still have problems, please contact the support.
    --
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.