Help needed with crosstab design

(7 posts) (2 voices)
  1. fellamans, Member

Hello everyone, I am creating a report in mydbr. I have put together the data. When using crosstab on date row it makes all data for the specific date run horizontally but i need the rows run vertically. So date to run horizontally but all else vertically. How could this be done?

How i want it

12.01.2021 11.01.2021 ...
    Registrations 12 11
    Downloads 14 12

Thank you in advance.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    how does your data query look like? How many separate datas do you have (Registrations, Downloads)?

--
    myDBR Team

3. fellamans, Member

So currently i have 19 separate datas. I will put an image attachment to how it looks currently and how i want it to look. The query itself is quite long.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

What you are doing is not actually a crosstab, but you are comparing rows to eachother. Use dbr.compare instead.

select 'dbr.compare';

select thedate, unique_visitors, registration_started...
    from yourdata;

--
    myDBR Team

5. fellamans, Member

This is absolutely what I needed. Thank you very much for your quick reply. Very happy with your support!

Best,
    F

6. fellamans, Member

As I kept building the report, I noticed dbr.compare only gives me 2 columns. Is there a possibility to get dynamic nr. of columns? I am using indatestart and indateend to choose the period for the data and would like to have the full range of dates as columns in the report.

7. myDBR Team, Key Master

Does your query return more than 2 rows? The dbr.compare will generate a column for each row you have in the result set.

If your data is missing dates and you want to get columns for each date between the given dates (indatestart and indateend), you will need to generate empty data for the result set (use temp table for the dates and LEFT JOIN that with the original data).

You can open a support ticket with SQL export of the final report.
    --
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.