Can I change the "report number" of a myDBR report?

(4 posts) (2 voices)
  1. shem, Member

If I have the same report on two different servers want the "report number" to match on both, so that if I reference the report from within my PHP application, it will work regardless of which server I am on.
    p.s. I am generating the hash from within the application, and I want to be able to keep the same PHP code on both.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

When you create a direct URL yourself and want to keep report URLs portable, you can use sr parameter instead of the r parameter. The sr parameter is a MD5 hash of the report procedure name. See the documentation.

--
    myDBR Team

3. shem, Member

The documentation says
    sr md5(report procedure name), can be used as an alternative to r-parameter

Actually, I tried out using the "r" parameter itself with the report procedure name and that also works on both machines.

So am I correct that the only advantage of using the "sr" parameter is if you want to hide the procedure name?

Also, I am still curious whether there is a way in myDBR do actually change the report number.
    I played around with it, manually editing some numbers in the mydbr.mydbr_reports table and it messed things up.
    Deleted some reports, and mixed others up.
    So I was wondering if there was a way of smoothly changing a report number. I do see it as having a potential benefit.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Actually, I tried out using the "r" parameter itself with the report procedure name and that also works on both machines.

So am I correct that the only advantage of using the "sr" parameter is if you want to hide the procedure name?

Yes, you can use the r-paramrter with the procedure name as well if you want. 'sr' just obfuscates the name. You can see the variations of the possible report URL's in the report's Edit page by clicking the URL-word.

Also, I am still curious whether there is a way in myDBR do actually change the report number.

Do not try to change the rreport ID's as they are part of the database structure. Thre is not need for changing it either.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.