Embedded report with 4000 grid rows (and a pie chart) causing browser to not respond for 2 minutes

(5 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

1. shem, Member

We display reports embedded in our PHP application in an Object tag.
    Embedded report with 4000 grid rows (and a pie chart) causing browser to not respond for 2 minutes.
    This seems to happen when either try using the myDBR scroll bar of the grid.
    Or the Chrome Windows scroll bar.
    Any suggestion to prevent this from happening?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Having 4000 rows in a object tag should not be a technical problem (see a demo).

Without seeing the setup, it is hard to guess why this is causing a slowdown for you (perhaps your browser is running out of memory).

You might want to consider whether presenting 4000 rows to the user is the best approach. Users might become overwhelmed by the sheer number of rows. Alternatively, you could provide a summary and an option to drill down for more details.

--
    myDBR Team

3. shem, Member

ok, thank you for that info.

I can confirm that it is not the object tag that is the problem.

That is because I am now experiencing the problem simply within the output of a report generated from the myDBR portal itself.
    so should scrolling in a grid of 4000 rows be causing a problem?

p.s. In the demo example you gave what is the meaning of the line
    call sp_DBR_doc_Source('sp_DBR_embeddd_object');

Can I see the code for sp_DBR_doc_Source?

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

That is because I am now experiencing the problem simply within the output of a report generated from the myDBR portal itself.
    so should scrolling in a grid of 4000 rows be causing a problem?

No, the crolling should be smooth. See a demo.

p.s. In the demo example you gave what is the meaning of the line
    call sp_DBR_doc_Source('sp_DBR_embeddd_object');

it just shows the 'Show how this report is done' button at the end of the demo page.

--
    myDBR Team

5. shem, Member

Thank you.
    It turns out, it was because we had OPcache turned on. I turned it off specifically for myDBR in defaults.php

You must log in to post.