How can I keep Summary when clicking a button to display details?

(7 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. shem, Member

I have a report whose stored procedure name is sp_DBR_missing_contacts
    and I coded it so that it displays a summary report and also displays a button.
    The idea is that when the button is pressed it should display a detailed report.
    I would like that after the button is pressed that both parts should display on the same page.
    Currently when I press the button, the summary is replaced by the details.

Here is my summary report code
    select 'dbr.button', 'Click for full report';
    select 'dbr.report', 'sp_DBR_missing_contacts_details', 'clientdb=the_clientdb';

I know if I added a parameter new_window the details would display in a new tab/window but that is not what I want.
    I would like the details grid to display below the summary section.
    And an added bonus would be the scrollbars for each section could be separate.
    Are these two things possible?
    Thanks in advance.

p.s. I also just noticed another problem.
    If I am not logged in on the portal as dba then the above button doesn't show up.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

See the documentation for the linked report. The "Output destination of the linked report" section covers the options for placing the linked report. What you are probably looking for is the dbr.embed_object command, whose parameter you can use as a target.

For the scrollbars, you can use the dbr.scrollable command.

If I am not logged in to the portal as "dba," then the above button doesn't show up.

Please verify that you have a result set after the dbr.report command and that the permissions are correct.
    --
    myDBR Team

3. shem, Member

Mixed results:
    By changing my dbr.report command to
    select 'dbr.report', 'sp_DBR_missing_contacts_details', 'clientdb=the_clientdb', 'linked_output[]';
    I was able to get both output sections to be on the same page. (and did not use the select 'dbr.embed_object' command as it did not appear to add anything).

However, when I tried to use the toggle feature on the second section, then the URL being sent to the report ended with
    &togglelinked_output1=4
    instead of
    &toggle1=4
    which resulted in the GET_toggle1 automatic parameter not containing anything.

I would appreciate help with the above.
    In addition, I have a performance question related to the above button feature.
    Behind the scenes, is the "details" section actually retrieved right away (and is just hidden)? Or is it only retrieved when the button is pressed?

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

I was able to get both output sections to be on the same page. (and did not use the select 'dbr.embed_object' command as it did not appear to add anything).

When you use the linked report target linked_output[], the DIV where the output is sent is dynamic (the [] the end of the target name). By default, the dynamic targets will be added to the end of the report. With the dbr.embed_object-command you can set the exact position. If you just want to the results to appear at the end, then you can use the dynamic target.

However, when I tried to use the toggle feature on the second section, then the URL being sent to the report ended with
    &togglelinked_output1=4

if you update to the latest build, the URL parameter will no longer contain the embedded object's name.

In addition, I have a performance question related to the above button feature.
    Behind the scenes, is the "details" section actually retrieved right away (and is just hidden)? Or is it only retrieved when the button is pressed?

With the dbr.report command in this case the data is fetched via Ajax, when the user clicks the button.

--
    myDB Team

5. shem, Member

You write
    You already have the result set one with possible toggle1 in your report. Now that you add a linked report content to an existing report, the toggle will contain the embedded DIV's name.

I don't need the toggle for result set one .
    The question is how can I retrieve the toggle value for result set 2 when the parameter being passed is
    &togglelinked_output1=4
    I tried a parameter name of
    GET_togglelinked_output1
    but that did not seem to work.

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

See the updated answer above. The newest build no longer include the embedded object's name.

--
    myDBR Team

7. shem, Member

Thank you very much !

You must log in to post.