installed php 8.12 and Source guardian 14.0.2 and

(6 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. shem, Member

I upgraded my Virtual Machine to Linux Ubuntu 22 which includes php 8.1.2
    I used the SourceGuardian loader to install it, placed the extension in php.ini
    I went to https://mydbr.com/download/ and downloaded and installed the mydbr version for php 8.1

My phpinfo file shows
    1) PHP Version 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14
    2) SourceGuardian Loader Version 14.0.2 is enabled.
    But when I go to http://localhost/phpinfo.php
    I get a blank page (500 error)
    And the apache error log
    /var/log/apache2/error.log
    contains the message
    Mon Mar 18 16:21:16.963504 2024] [php:notice] [pid 3472] [client 127.0.0.1:48918] PHP Fatal error: SourceGuardian Loader - For security reasons this protected script cannot run in the current PHP environment.
    Please contact the author of the script regarding this problem. Error code [16] in /var/www/html/mydbr/index.php on line 9
    What should I do?
    Until I solve this problem I cannot work (with mydbr) on my local machine even though I have a paid OEM license.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Disable the Xdebug extension. That should solve the issue. SourceGuardian encoded scripts will not run when Xdebug is enabled.

myDBR Team

3. shem, Member

Yes it solved the problem,
    I had a separate file /etc/php/8.1/mods-available/xdebug.ini which contained zend_extension=xdebug.so
    So when I commented it out, it solved the problem.
    but I need Xdebug in order to debug my programs !!!!
    So how can I simultaneously use mydbr for php8.1 and SourceGuardian which you seem to say is required for php 8.1
    Please help.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

myDBR is encoded with SourceGuardian. SourceGuardian encoded scripts will not run when Xdebug is enabled.

You can use your Xdebug with your own application development.

When you use myDBR simultaneously, the SourceGuardian needs to be disabled and you can use alternative debugging options.
    --
    myDBR Team

5. shem, Member

That is very sad.
    Am I correct that with PHP 8.1 I must use SourceGuardian instead of ioncube?

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

Yes, myDBR 8.1 version is encoded with SourceGuardian.

Note that even the ionCube loader would not work with Xdebug enabled on PHP 8 due to the changes in PHP 8.
    --
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.