Cross Tab Header Overlapping Data

(4 posts) (2 voices)
  1. nsepetys, Member

Hello myDBR Representative,

How are you doing? We are experiencing an issue (potentially with wkhtmltopdf) that is causing the cross tab header to overlap our data like so.

I have tried setting the resultset to a fixed header but it does not appear to affect anything. Is there anything else I can try to get the data to not overlap?

Thanks,
    Noah

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Noah,
    where do you get this behaviour? In normal HTML report or in PDF export page break when you do export via wkhtmltopdf?

if in wkhtmltopdf PDF, what is the wkhtmltopdf version you are running.

Can you send us the SQL-export of the report via support email?

--
    myDBR Team

3. nsepetys, Member

The issued turned out to be the "dbr.keepwithnext" command, in the previous chart, that appeared before the crosstab. I just removed it (since I didn't need to keep my crosstab with the chart) and we're now good. Thanks goes to myDBR support for isolating the offending command.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

This seems to be a bug in wkhtmltopdf.

The dbr.keepwithnext-command sets the element to be an inline-element so that it will stay on same line as the previous one. When wkhtmltopdf pages a table it recreates the table header on each new page. This is a separate element from the content. If the original table was set to be inline, wkhtmltopdf seems to carry that deinition to the cloned element and then miscalculates the starting position of the content.

This is fortunately a minor issue as there is really no reason to make multipage elements to be inline elements.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.