Header Group not Functioning as Expected

(7 posts) (3 voices)
  1. nsepetys, Member

Hello myDBR Representative,

How are you doing? I just tried to utilize the dbr.header.group appearance command referenced here. The header group doesn't show but rather the command gets outputted as a table instead of formatting my resultset. I was wondering if this has been deprecated or if this is a bug? I am currently using myDBR version 4.5.3 (build 2826) so I'm not sure if it's been updated since then. As always, thank you for your assistance.

- Noah

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Noah,
    just run the updater to get the latest version. Header group is a feature of myDBR 4.6.

--
    myDBR Team

3. shery, Member

Hi,

dbr.crosstab.group is not working. I want to add multiple headers in crosstab and the lower header values are different for the parent header.

Header1.0 = Header 2.0, Header 2.1
    Header1.1 = Header 2.0, Header 2.3
    Header1.2 = Header 2.1, Header 2.2
    Header1.3 = Header 2.2, Header 2.5

Only the headers where there exist value should be displayed. How can I achieve this?

Thanks,
    Sheharyar

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Could you try to rephrase what is it that you are trying to achieve? It is bit difficult to understand.

Do you have a simplified code what is it that you are trying and what you expect to have.

--
    myDBR Team

5. shery, Member

I have certain columns; Col1, Col2, ..., Col10.

I want Col1, ... Col7 as a single header; Col8 as a Header level1, Col9 as a Header level2, Col10 values dispersed within.

Problem is when I try to achieve it using Crosstab, many of the values at header level 2 repeats.

In myDbr docs, this is achieved via 'dbr.crosstab.group' but it is not working now. using myDBR 5.8.2

6. shery, Member

Main Category 1 Main Category 2 Main Category 3
    Col 1, Col2, Col 3, Category 1, Category 2 Category 1, Category 3 Category 2, Category 5, Category 7

Main Category and Category; All is coming from the data columns.

Regards,

7. myDBR Team, Key Master

Take the SQL source code and an SQL export and your report and open a support ticket with it. This way we can see your data (you can simplify/obfuscate the data) and rerun your report without having your table structures.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.